[mythtv-users] Victims...... I mean Testers wanted.....HD transcode script that should keep AC3 intact if it's in the original stream.

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 21:06:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Dan Wilga <
mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:

> Not to rain on your parade, but personally, I'd rather see the effort put
> into improving mythtranscode so that it copies AC3 streams unmodified and
> creates MKV containers when requested. That would be more useful than having
> to manually run a script like the one described.

That is more of a long-term goal.  Eventually, it would be nice if all the
transcoding were done from mythtranscode.  However, that's not the case now,
and won't be for a while, I'm sure that it will happen eventually, but in
the meantime, you can rain on whatever parade you like, you are stuck with
external scripts for now.