[mythtv-users] MythMusic and UPnP

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Aug 12 11:22:25 UTC 2010

Josenivaldo Benito Junior wrote:

> Understood your words. I would like Mythmusic not be a only a front-end
> plugin, it really do a good job that would be amazing to have spread.
>
> My only complain about is that there is no clear mention to this fact in any
> MythMusic wiki. (or my English needs to be recycled) A simple note would
> avoid researches around google and forums and lists...
>
> But ok, now things are clear, I just have to re-think my strategy to keep
> going with my project.

To be clear about this, Mythmusic is a front-end plugin, which simply means that
at every point you wish to use Mythmusic, you install Mythfrontend and then the
Mythmusic plugin.

You /don't/ need to keep your music all over the place. It can reside on the
same server as your Mythbackend or on another server. You just have to have it
exported via NFS, Samba or some other way so that the front ends can see it over
your network.

--

Mike Perkins