[mythtv-users] Victims...... I mean Testers wanted.....HD transcode script that should keep AC3 intact if it's in the original stream.

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 03:44:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Another Sillyname <
anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Because Gavin nuvexport doesn't handle AC3 or H264 particularly well,
> and I don't code in perl.
>
> If you don't want to use it that's fine but don't criticise people
> trying to at least add to functionality.

I see.  So the *two* H.264 exporters I added recently don't handle
particularly well?  OK then.

Nobody said you'd need to code in perl.  Working with people doesn't always
mean giving patches, you know.  A simple ffmpeg/transcode/mencoder/whatever
command line that does what you want would go a long way.

If you'd like to add functionality rather than just fragment the support,
working with those who already got a good start on it is usually a better
plan than reinventing the wheel differently.  Especially if claims of
superiority get involved.

I'd be happy to create a new exporter based on what you've found to work for
you.  It seems like you've gone through a lot of trouble to tweak things to
how you want them, including reinventing pretty much all of nuvexport, and
for little or no gain to the rest of the community over simply asking one of
us to add it to nuvexport in the first place...

But whatever works, you are always welcome to make your own scripts.  It's
likely to be more supported in nuvexport though.