[mythtv-users] mythbuntu daily builds stuck at 25423?

Thomas Mashos tgm4883 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 23:15:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Thomas Mashos <tgm4883 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca
> >
> > wrote:

> >> Hrm.  I was not operating out of the PPA but from the mythbuntu
> >> repository directly at http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org/mythbuntu/

> >> So where is the canonical Mythbuntu repository?  Is it a PPA or is it at
> >> mythbuntu.org?
> >>

> > As Mythbuntu is not a canonical project, there is no canonical Mythbuntu
> > repository. us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org is mirrored from the PPA, so you
> > should be able to manually switch to 0.23.1
> >

> >> How were users to find out about this 0.23 -> 0.23.1 changeover if I had
> >> not posted here?  Shouldn't there be some more automated mechanism to
> >> notify and/or upgrade people following a "fixes" stream?
> >>

> > There isn't an automated way to find out about the change. You may be
> able
> > to subscribe to MythTV.org and see the upgrade there, but you won't
> > automatically get upgraded to the next version (ie. 0.23.1 from 0.23.0).
> > This is by design and will not change, although I'd be open to input on
> how
> > to notify people of the upgrade.
> >

> >> Perhaps the mythbuntu-repos package update that you refer to would have
> >> done all of this automatically?
> >>

> > Nope, you wouldn't have been automatically notified about this.
>
> There have been two recent updates to mythbuntu-repos on my system. I
> have installed them both.
>
> upon dpkg-reconfoigure mythbuntu-repos I still only have the choice
> between 0.23 and 0.24, no 0.23.1
>
> Surely an update to mythbuntu-repos should offer 0.23.1?

That is how it is supposed to happen, however mythbuntu-repos is built
automatically by our build server. It's suppose to only build when there is
a new version of Mythtv (ie. 0.23.1), but we have been having issues with
the mythtv builds lately. In trying to fix the builds, mythbuntu-repos gets
built too.