[mythtv-users] Resolution of tv set over hdmi

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Aug 11 15:53:02 UTC 2010

On 08/10/2010 04:47 PM, Hinrich Aue wrote:
> Hello list
> Somehow i am not able to set the resolution of my x server correctly. I cannot see the full ui - there is a frame that i cant use. I also believe the display settings cause sync problems that make the tv picture jitter. Does anybody know how to configure the x server (modelines)

We need more information to be able to help with this.

If you are using an nvidia video chipset, first run 'nvidia-settings'
which will show you what the system is providing. Then run
'nvidia-xconfig' which will re-set  your xorg.conf file to the 'proper'
values (as nvidia sees them).

If running Intel, use system-config-display or whatever your system has.

Then in mythfronted -> Settings -> Appearance set the Gui Height and Gui
Width figures to '0' and see what happens.

Geoff
--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury