[mythtv-users] Plans for front & back end Myth boxes

Jessica Perry Hekman jphekman at arborius.net
Wed Aug 11 15:51:59 UTC 2010

OK! Lots of information for me.

I have a choice of three cards, but one is obviously not a good choice
(too little memory), so really a choice of two cards.

* GeForce 8400 GS, 512 MB, $36
  Will take up 2 PCI slots, so I wouldn't have room to put a Hauppage in
  later

* NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT, also 512 MB, more like $75
  Will only take up one PCI slot so would allow later addition of a
  Hauppage

I think I will go with the GeForce. If I end up wanting a Hauppage it
will probably be time to get a dedicated box. Perhaps the GeForce will
fit in that box, but if not, at $36 it wouldn't be a huge loss.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions!

Jessica