[mythtv-users] all tuners suddenly unavailable

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Aug 11 14:22:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 08:31 -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> It looks to me like you set the capture card to V4L and not the HD-PVR
> type?

Looks like I am in truly deep doo doo. I've got database problems I
think. I went into mythtv-setup to double check this, and it doesn't
show any of my capture cards at all. If I check the capturecard table
with mysql, I see this:

mysql> select videodevice,cardtype from capturecard where cardid=1;
+-------------+----------+
| videodevice | cardtype |
| /dev/video0 | HDPVR    |

So the card type looks correct, but something is badly wrong if the
cards do not appear in mythtv-setup. As you might expect, I have a ton
of recordings that I do not want to lose, so I don't want to clear the
entire database. Is there a way to repair this manually? Can I just drop
and recreate the capturecard and cardinput tables, then re-enter all the
tuners, or will that hose something else up?

--Greg