[mythtv-users] MythMusic and UPnP

Josenivaldo Benito Junior jrbenito at benito.qsl.br
Mon Aug 9 03:17:18 UTC 2010

Hi Glen and all,

I other words, UPnP is not playing the game in setup. This kind of setup
will solve any MythTV front end issue however will keep other UPnP clients
(like PS3 and Rhythmbox) without solution yet. I am not saying this is a bad
setup but if one's intentiton is distribute stored media (movies and music)
across clients this will not solve the issue. If one's need to mount shares
on every client he does not need MythTV because any other music client can
scan the share... sure MythTV can do a better job since music list is
already indexed and this will avoid waste bandwidth with multiple scans.
However, in a very thin setup (let's say, two machines) this is, for sure,
an overkill.

I continue to believe that MythMusic was not designed for share music across
clients through UPnP but only to play music locally. Anyone confirms?

Thanks,
--*
Josenivaldo Benito Jr.*
*PU2LBD*