[mythtv-users] S-video/nvidia problems

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Aug 9 00:06:28 UTC 2010

On Sunday, August 08, 2010 05:47:12 pm Tortise wrote:
> [...]

I think in many cases integrated video is in fact "budget oriented", but in some cases the GPU chip integrated onto the
motherboard is the same chip as is used in some discreet graphics cards.

The Revo's "ION" graphics is, I believe, just a 9400M chip, "ION" is marketing speak.

So you  take a performance hit due to sharing the same bus between graphics and other things, but the chip may well be a
high-performance featureful chip.

There are many reasons for wanting to integrate graphics onto the mobo, cost is one of them, but size, power, weight and
heat are others.

Buying a system with more graphics power than you really need is just as silly as buying one with less than required. If
you can accomplish the mission by spending less, it makes no sense to spend more.