[mythtv-users] PS3 doesn't see Mythtv / upnp

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Aug 8 17:41:09 UTC 2010

On 08/07/2010 09:18 AM, Joe wrote:
> I finally solved this.
> It was my Linksys wrt54g-tm wireless router firmware.
> I found someone else on the web who did this, so I took the factory
> firmware off it and installed "DD-WRT".
>
> After that, MythTV showed up on my PS3.
>
> This really should be placed somewhere up on the MythTV web site so it
> is easy to find.
>
> While the factory firmware was running, I did try disabling it's
> firewall and opening ports, but nothing allowed the PS3 to see it.
>
> DD-WRT just works for this.

Nothing but a free registration stopping you from adding this to the
wike. Especially *exactly* what it was you set in the DD-WRT setup.
The 'Myth on PlayStation 3' page is marked as now being outdated, but I
presume if you do not update your box to the new firmware, it will
continue to run linux.
Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury