[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 fails, "DiB0070 I2C read failed"

Dan dansto.well+myth at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 15:50:25 UTC 2010

2010/8/7 Jason Chambers <lists at purplish-monkey.com>:
> On 07/08/2010 18:08, Dan wrote:
>>
>> One problem with this though: scheduled recordings now don't use the
>> second tuner (i.e. if two recordings scheduled for the same time, myth
>> can only record one).
>>
>> Digging into the database, I can see (for example) I have Film4 twice
>> in the "channel" table, once with chanid 1015 and once with chanid
>> 2015. (Both have "Film4" as name and callsign, and 15 as channum,
>> 27136 as serviceid.) They have different sourceids (1 vs 2) matching
>> my tuners in "videosource".
>
> If you have /identical/ tuners then you should setup just one Video Source
> and assign both tuners to it.

Thanks. Yes, they're identical (it's a dual-tuner card) and originally
they were both on the same source. However, as recommended earlier on
in this thread, I now have them separate sources so that one takes the
EIT from the transmitted guide and one doesn't, which prevents an
instability issue. I don't think there's a way I can do that without
having them on separate videosources?

Dan