[mythtv-users] HDPVR + FC12 + Blaster

Don B mythlist at bossung.net
Sat Aug 7 15:35:41 UTC 2010

I am running MythDora 12.23 on the backend/frontend

I have followed the mythtv wiki for installing the HDPVR and enabling
the blaster on it.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HDPVR

The HDPVR is working correctly to capture video to the backend.

While installing the blaster to control a STB the first thing I ran into
is that the file hardware.conf did not exist at /etc/lirc (nor anywhere
else on the HD). So I simply copied the example in the wiki to the file
in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf.

modprobe lirc_zilog resulted in the expected messages in dmesg as did
restarting lirc with messages in /var/log/messages.

Running the test power script did not change the power state of the STB
(SA 8300HD) I tried manually entering

irsend SEND_ONCE blaster 0_76_KEY_POWER

Nothing, I tried each of the listed values for SA cable boxes and still
nothing.

My question is, since everyting seemed to go OK, how do I confirm the
HDPVR is *_REALLY_* sending the code? Should the blaster IR emmiter
light
up? Is there another way to confirm the IR signal is being transmitted?

thanks
Don