[mythtv-users] Change the default 10 min Jump setting?

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Sat Aug 7 04:11:39 UTC 2010

On 07/08/2010 04:25, Tortise wrote:
> I can't find anywhere the default 10 mins is defined - I'd prefer it to
> be 3 mins, but can't find it to change.... Anyone?
>
>  From
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Detailed_configuration_Frontend#Playback_Groups
>

> Jump amount (in minutes) (default)
> How many minutes to jump forward or backward when the jump keys are
> pressed. The "default" value is usually 10 minutes.
> Press "Down" to jump forward, and "Up" to jump backward.

Just change the value from "(default)" to 3 minutes in the playback
group then.

AFAIK there is no other setting that specifies "(default)" == 10
minutes.  Its just that the code defaults to a hard-coded 10 minutes if
there is no value specified for the playback group.

See libs/libmythtv/playercontext.cpp:

jumptime     = PlayGroup::GetSetting(group, "jump", 10);

Regards,
Jason