[mythtv-users] Nvidia issues after upgrade

John Haywood john at jhit.com.au
Sat Aug 7 00:01:27 UTC 2010

I recently upgraded my mythbuntu box from 9.10 to 10.04, with medibuntu and avenard repos.

The nouveau drivers were loaded by default, which I have blacklisted and installed the 256 nvidia eries from the avenard repo. This builds and loads perfectly.

On reboot X tries to load, but dumps me back into the login window. I can only perform a console login at this point.

If I drop down into  run level 3, log in as root, then startx, all works with nvidia driver and all.

Suggestions?

Cheers

John