[mythtv-users] Plans for front & back end Myth boxes

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 19:48:08 UTC 2010

>>> Ah, I had overlooked that. There are HDMI-to-svideo converters available
>>> for around $20, right?
>>
> I've in the past used a cheapo ($3 I believe) vga->s-video cable to
> get a console on servers to a 6" handheld tv

I believe there was an earlier post on this list about RGB vs YPbPr.
If your video card or TV can be set to either mode then a cheap $3
adapter should work. However if your video card only outputs RGB and
your TV only takes YPbPr you'll need the more expensive converter
boxes that may or may not do a good job of converting RGB to YPbPr.