[mythtv-users] IPTV via VLC?

Liyuan Liu liyuan.l at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 02:03:03 UTC 2010

Hello all.
I was trying to watch TV programs delivered by VLC and ran into some issues.
The mythbackend was configured to read channels from ~/playlist.m3u, in
which I had 4 channels, but when it started scanning for channels the tuning
progress just stayed 0%. After 15min of 0% tuning I pressed *Finish* and
found that mythbackend had only found the first channel.
Mythfrontend also found that channel but I could not watch that program.
Any clues on what this is caused by and how to fix it?

My playlist.m3u contents:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,199 - VLC Streaming
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=0001
rtsp://136.137.138.101:5544/mov

#EXTINF:0,200 - VLC Streaming RTP
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=0002
rtp://239.255.12.12:5004

#EXTINF:0,201 - HD Camera
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=0003
rtsp://136.137.138.88:8557/h264

#EXTINF:0,202 - CET3
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=0004
mms://202.112.154.34/cetv-3

where channel 199 and 200 are provided by VLC(local video files), channel
201 are streamed from a HD Camera which has a built-in streaming server, and
channel 202 are MMS service provided by my school. VLC can playback all of
them.
MythTV is installed in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx[32bit], and the version is
0.23.0+fixes24158.
MythVideo works just fine(using internal player).

Regards
Liyuan Liu