[mythtv-users] Output to h.264

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Thu Aug 5 22:49:05 UTC 2010

Haha, talk about getting immersed!!! I've spent much of the afternoon replying since I'm getting so much good input, I don't want it to go to waste. What a thread! Thanks to everyone who's offered input. I hope this is something I can do because I would love to have something like this to tell friends about. I'm always wanting to win another Linux person over.

> It will probably do,if you end up recording a lot and want commercial
> detection going, you could set up other blades to help with the
> commercial detection and even transcoding to a format your older PC will
> play.

Yes, so used to tivo, can't live with commercials.

> Your blades are a good point to start out with some testing and getting
> the feel of it, most of us got hooked like that ;)

And that's exactly what I'm hoping for.
Mythtv is yet another incredibly cool project I hope might become an important part of my life :)