[mythtv-users] Output to h.264

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Thu Aug 5 17:29:43 UTC 2010

Well, this is why I'm posting, to learn from input.
It doesn't *have* to be H.264 but that is a good standard to use in that a lot of hardware supports this compression these days. There are packages out there which seem to bundle the audio and compression but this is where I start losing it.

 From what I can tell, even IPTV seems to have multiple sides in that the broadcast industry seems to have it's own variation, which they seem to want to keep complex, proprietary so that people can't mess with it. Then there seem to be more open standards.

I'm looking to achieve the same thing no matter which protocols I end up using, streaming the A/V over the network and using STB's.