[mythtv-users] Restarting Failing Recordings

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Thu Aug 5 11:20:45 UTC 2010

On 02/08/2010 17:39, Mark Garland wrote:
>> If you select the recording and choose "I" ->  "Edit Schedule" you will
>> find the recording rule set to "Do not record this program".
>>
>> You can change this back "Find one showing of this program" or whatever
>> your preferred one-off rule is to catch it again without having to set
>> up a new rule from scratch via the schedule recordings/mythweb interface.
>

> I told Myth to record a currently showing programme (The Weakest Link), with
> it set to "Record only this showing" (appropriate for a film let's say).
>
> The recording then showed up green in the menu to say that it was recording.
>
> We'll then assume that the recording has stalled.
>
> I then selected I->Stop Recording->Yes, Stop Recording.  The recording goes
> white to indicate that recording has ceased.
>
> I then selected I->Recording Options->Edit Recording Schedule.
> It wasn't set to "Do not record this program", it was still set to "Record
> only this showing".

Sorry, my fault.  I usually watch programmes days or weeks after they
have recorded, at which point the one-off rules that caused the
programme to be recorded have been purged by Myth.

In this case you can simply re-create the rule using my steps above.
However if the rule still exists then you have different steps to take.

> I selected Save, nothing happened.
> I tried I->Recording Options->Allow This Program To Rerecord, and nothing
> happened.

AFAIK this just marks the showing so that it won't be counted when doing
duplicate detection.  However Myth still knows it recorded it in the
first place and therefore believes the rule to be satisfied.

What you actually need to do in this case is go into "Manage
Recordings"->"Previously Recorded", find the showing and /delete/ it.
Myth will then start recording the show again without and further
actions needed and you will have both parts of the programme visible in
your Watch Recordings screen.

Regards,
Jason