[mythtv-users] Dropped frames with GT 240

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 22:33:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:54 PM, William Powers <wepprop at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can anyone give me some pointers on how to address this?  Is this truly
> an
> > audio issue, as I suspect?  Will I forever be stuck with these dropped
> > frames?
>
> Not sure if it's related or not, but I've had no end of trouble when
> using the S/PDIF audio input to the HD-PVR.  However, everything works
> properly when using the back panel stereo audio input.  I haven't had
> time to troubleshoot the issue yet; I've just been using the stereo
> input until I do.

I started out with S/PDIF from the STB to the HD-PVR, but I started having
problems with some shows having audio and others not.  So, to get around
that issue for now, I just use the RCA ports on the back.   I am very
interested in seeing the S/PDIF connection work reliably, but that's another
thread :)

I should note that I am also seeing these dropped frames from the HDHR too.
 So, I suspect the issue is not strictly with how the HD-PVR is set up.