[mythtv-users] PS3 doesn't see Mythtv / upnp

emarkert at aim.com emarkert at aim.com
Tue Aug 3 13:27:16 UTC 2010

>I then tried updating the FW on the PS3. It was v3.15. Now it'ssomething higher. The latest.
>Still can't find any media servers, but the iPod doesn't have anyproblem.
>Since the PS3 was able to get it's update using the wireless lan, ithas a wifi connection.

I'm not sure if you're just using iptables or iptables with a frontend like guarddog, etc.  I run myth on Mepis, a linux distro that installs guarddog by default.  I switched over to Firestarter because I found it much, much more easy to troubleshoot firewall related issues since Firestarter has the ability to display firewall events as they occur.  It also allows me to highlight one of these events and make a modification to the firewall policy.

Regarding multicast, my myth backend sends out multicast UDP traffic on port 1600 to 239.255.255.250.