[mythtv-users] gyration remote - lirc keys

Michael Drons mdrons at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 19:39:19 UTC 2010

I just purchased a gyration 401 remote and I am having difficult getting the
BACK key to work.

I am using udev and create a symlink for lircd

lirc starts like this ::  lircd -H devinput -d /dev/gyration-remote

I have the lircd.conf file from the mythtv wiki.

The one key that does not work is BACK.
(from lircd.conf)
 Back                     0x009E
I have tried irw and irrecord to check the key code, but have not had success.
IRW does not return any data when pointing it to /var/run/lirc/lircd and I get
connection refused when pointing it to /dev/gyration-remote.

IRRECORD gives the GAP error message.

My frontend is gentoo running lirc version "lircd 0.8.7pre1"

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mike