[mythtv-users] Multiple Hauppauge USB2 transceivers

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Aug 2 00:29:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Mike Bennett <mbppg at comcast.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the response Jarod. Ok I have the second lircd instance, by
> typing:
>
> lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1 --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1
> --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd1.pid --listen
>
> and I can see both lircd and lircd1 in the /var/run/lirc folder. How do I
> make the second one survive a reboot?

*Dora has no automated second instance start facilities, so you either
have to hack something into /etc/init.d/lirc or just start the second
instance via /etc/rc.local.

> Then how do I point irsend to second instance? looks like I would use irsend
> -d lircd1 set_transmitters 1" then "irsend -d lircd1 send_once DTA 3 " ???

Yep, that looks about right. Though you can probably just omit the
set_transmitters bit until you actually have something connected to
the other port. It'll blast out both ports by default.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com