[mythtv-users] PS3 doesn't see Mythtv / upnp

Joe j.commisso at verizon.net
Sun Aug 1 22:13:44 UTC 2010

Wow that was fast!

I did a 'service iptables stop' and the upnp server showed up!

Then I started the firewall back up.

Can you help me with the rule to allow the traffic?

Here is my firewall output:

#-(root at desktop)-(/var/www/html/mythweb)-#
#-(0)> iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     esp  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ah   --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251         udp dpt:mdns
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
multiport sports ssdp,rfe,65001
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited
#-(root at desktop)-(/var/www/html/mythweb)-#

Thanks,
Joe