[mythtv-users] XMLTV RT GRabber Channels but No Programs

Charlie Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 08:13:12 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to get MythTV to use XMLTV to grab listings for UK Freesat
using the Radio Times grabber. I have configured the Freesat.xmltv in
the ~/.mythtv directory. I have also input the XMLTV ids into the
channel table.

When I run mythfilldatabase it seems to run XMLTV fine, it even
imports the Channel Icons, but I don't get any listings data populated
for the Freesat Channels.

I diced to manually run the grabber with the Freesat.xmltv config
file. The output XML contains all the Channel entries and the URLs to
the channel icons. It does not contain any Program entries, which
would explain why no listings are getting updated.

I did have to upgrade XMLTV because the RT grabber is broken in Ubuntu
Lucid Lynx so I installed a more up to date version from an Ubuntu PPA
specifically built to resolve the Lucid Lynx issue. From what I can
tell XMLTV is installed ok.

Any one got any idea what I am doing wrong? It seems odd I am getting
the channel info but no actual programs.

Thanks,

Charlie M