[mythtv-users] 10.04 volume issue

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 15:44:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Jim Chisholm <jim at electron.phys.dal.ca> wrote:

>>> It seems that with every release of myth and ubuntu, I find more things
>>> that
>>> don't work.  The most stable setup I ever had was .21 running on ubuntu
>>> 8.10
>>> (with the same hardware I'm running now).  I'm pretty sure I rebooted the
>>> machine once between installation and upgrading to .22 (besides for a
>>> power
>>> outage or two).  Those were the days...
>>>

>> Nothing against Ubuntu, I love it as a desktop, but I dumped it in my
>> Myth environment years ago (due to many issues that I could never
>> resolve) for Fedora and I have not regretted it.
>>
>> Tom
>
> Are you on the latest Mythdora release?
> I'm tempted to move in that direction but I have real misgivings with any
> distro
> that installs pulseaudio be default.

I am running 10.21. I have 12.23 downloaded, but have not installed it
yet. I don't really need to use MythDora, since I am running SVN, I
rip out all the MythTV stuff and rebuild it from scratch. I assumed,
naively I guess, that MythDora would make it easier to build Myth, but
I still had to go and install all of the development tools and
libraries, so that seemed like a bit of a waste. Maybe the iso I
downloaded was a limited one though, not sure. I also removed
pulseaudio...

Tom