[mythtv-users] 720p plasma with myth

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 01:56:55 UTC 2010

I'm considering buying a 42" 720p plasma TV to use primarily with
Myth. The plasmas I'm considering have a native resolution of
1024x768. I have no experience setting up Myth with an HDTV, but after
searching through the list archives I'm a little concerned I might run
into some headaches.

Specifically, I'm concerned about setting up the modelines correctly,
dealing with overscan, losing quality because of scaling, and finding
a Myth theme that works well at this resolution. Are my concerns
warranted? I'm a bit out of my element, so I'm completely open to the
possibility that I have no idea what I'm talking about. :-) Is anyone
running Myth with a 1024x768 plasma and having a positive or negative
experience with it?

This is in the US, most likely using an HDHR with OTA as the source.