[mythtv-users] Wishlist - Allow mythfrontend to suspend

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Thu Apr 29 23:47:15 UTC 2010

On 04/29/10 17:15, Brad Benson wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk
> <mailto:jeppe at ingolfs.dk>> wrote:
>
>     Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net <mailto:DEPontius at edgehp.net>>
>     writes:
>     <snip>
>     You might want to look at the minimyth distro. I'm running this and
>     suspend/resume works fine. I looked at the suspend/resume scripts a
>     while back since I had to unload some usb drivers for this to work, but
>     this was some years back. The current version "just works"....
>

> What hardware are you running this on?  I'm running minimyth as well,
> but I had all kinds of trouble getting suspend to work.  So much so that
> I just gave up on it.  My main frontend now runs 24/7 and my two
> additional frontends require a push of the power button to start up.
> Not ideal, but I ran out of time to expend on getting suspend/resume to
> work.
>
> My main frontend is a custom box using an ASUS M2N-VM mobo w/onboard
> HDMI out and a MCEUSB IR receiver.  The other two frontends are Dell
> GX270 machines with VDPAU-capable nvidia graphics cards and MCEUSB IR
> receivers.  All three frontends are running diskless and netbooting
> minimyth.

It's a garden-variety ASUS amd64 micro-atx board with an nVidia 8400GS,
(the newer vintage) running Gentoo Linux, like the rest of the machines
around the house.  I got a cheapo mceusb remote from Amazon and am using
that.  I never got the onboard hd-audio working well, (too soft) so I
have an old Yamaha sound card plugged in.

Dale Pontius