[mythtv-users] Mapping Channels to Stations

Mark D. Montgomery II techiem2 at techiem2.net
Thu Apr 29 02:16:43 UTC 2010

I have my box setup with an HDHR and a WinTV PVR-500.
I have a schedulesdirect account for the year.
I am on Comcast Digital (like others here) and am not going through
their box, so I get the analog stuff and the unencrypted digital
stuff, and would like to get my lineups correct.
The schedules lineup seems to be mostly accurate for the analog
channels, but not completely.
And the lineup is typically missing altogether for most of the digital
channels, though some seem to match the analog channel names, and may
or may not be accurate.

Is there a way I can go through my channels and properly map them so
the listings for the channels I do get will actually be linked to the
appropriate analog and digital stations I can pull in?

Along with this, can I have it configured to not show all those
stations I don't get anyway (as you know Comcast only feeds analog up
through channel 4x or so)?

This would make scheduling and watching much easier, especially for
the stations that come in over analog and digital, so I would know
what's actually on that digital station and could schedule it normally
instead of manually.

Thanks!

Mark II

--