[mythtv-users] channel changing issue

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Apr 29 00:28:45 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 28 April 2010 06:16:21 pm les wrote:
> hi all...
> have mythtv working and directv.pl with directv h21. problem is  I don't
> have the HD subscribe for hist channel.
> directv.pl  or channel change via usb sends me to histHD not the SD
> channel.. the ir remote works fine.. would like to
> tell via directv.pl to send code to go to the SD version if possible.

Where are you getting your service from?

Cable STBs and satellite receivers usually output a downscaled SD signal for
an HD channel. So you can just tune the HD channel and record the SD signal
from your STB/Receiver.

If you need to tune a different channel for HD and SD, then of course you need
to do things differently.

But the main question is, what is your programming source?