[mythtv-users] Advice please: school mythtv project

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 03:34:29 UTC 2010

>>> My first thoughts are on legality. Then again IAAL. In NZ law, which
>>> may be different in Oz, it is only legal for A to time-shift for "A's
>>> personal use or the personal use of a member of the household in which
>>> A lives or both"
>>

> See http://www.screenrights.org/copyright/australia/educational-institutions/schools.php

I perhaps should provide a little more info so that people do not need
to go and read the document. In my case, the school is a catholic
school in WA and this screenrights license is in place through the WA
catholic education office allowing the recording, storing and
rebroadcasting within the school of all OTA TV and radio broadcasts.
All government schools in Australia are also covered under this
license. I can't comment on other areas but for my purposes, this is
all legal.

Cheers

Phil