[mythtv-users] Case fan for M350 case

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 13:49:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Phusion <phusion2k at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is a good case fan for the M350 case? Is the one from the website
> good enough?
>
> http://www.mini-box.com/Top-Motor-40x4010mm-Case-Fans
>
> I am curious what others have used that fits. Let me know.

I would NOT recommend the fan from mini-box.com.  I bought two of them
since they were cheap (two different cases) and they're loud even when
undervolted.  I also bought the Noiseblocker XM1 from frozencpu.com.
It was expensive at $12.95, but so far it's been quieter even at 12V.
I can still hear it at night with no other noise in the house, but at
least the Nvidia GPU is cooled.  I've not yet undervolted the
Noiseblocker fan.  With passive cooling in the M350, I was
experiencing problems on my single-core Atom while de-interlacing
1080i content; it would stutter.  With a 40mm slow fan, it's been
fine.  I believe the GPU was throttling itself; the heatsink would
almost burn you it was getting so hot.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g36/c15/s70/list/p1/Fans-12_Volt_Fans-40mm_x_10mm_Fans-Page1.html

/Brian/