[mythtv-users] Please Wait...

Harry Coin hcoin at quietfountain.com
Mon Apr 26 01:34:25 UTC 2010

Are there any settings or other changes I can make to reduce the time
between choosing a recording and when it plays, or choosing a live
channel before it starts?
I'm wondering what is going on during the 'Please Wait...' that happens
between when a recording is selected and when it starts playing.  It
just takes so much longer than commercial DVR's that come with dish,
cable etc.    It makes 'surfing channels' pretty much impossible.

My setup is a master backend, a couple of slave backends, and a couple
of frontends.   Whether the frontend is a really fast box or an older
model seems not to matter.  Whether the show is 'dish 301 low def' or
ATSC OTA hidef appears to matter little as well.   What settings or
setups can improve the time between the choosing of a recording /
channel and when it begins?

Thanks for such a great effort, all the minutes I don't watch
commercials, what a gift.  An online version of 'no erectile dysfunction
or reverse mortgage' spam filter.