[mythtv-users] possible to set device priority for each channel?

Andrew mythtv at heathsworld.com
Sun Apr 25 19:43:26 UTC 2010

>  The best approach is to remove any channels you don't want your HD-PVR to
> record from your HD-PVR's video source.

The problem I have is that the video source for the HD-PVR and the HDHR are
the same.  The HDHR pulls all the channels down the cable from mediacom and
not over an OTA antenna.  The HDHR can pull all the unencrypted cables
channels as well so I can use it for my entire line-up except for the 20-30
encrypted.  For this reason I purchased the 1212 to just do those 30
encrypted channels however I cannot seperate the 2 devices for encrypted or
not encrypted for the life of me.

If I add the OTA lineup from schedules direct, then most all the SD cables
channels would not be in that lineup that are possible to record with the
HDHR and its' two tuners.  I would like to use the HDHR for all the cable
channels if possible.

I realize I am not really using this by design, but if only there were
profiles for channels that I could just select which devices can be used.  I
know, complicated...