[mythtv-users] blue abstract theme

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Sun Apr 25 18:16:53 UTC 2010

On 4/25/2010 2:52 AM, Richard Morton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I love blue abstract; for my eyes it is the best combination of
> glitz/glammer and usability.
> I have however found two minor annoyances with it - has anyone else
> noticed these?
> 1. in the right hand pane; sometimes the time of a program doesnt
> show. You get the first number of the time (1, typically, as it is
> only when the time expressed is over a certain length) followed by a
> series of dots - it seems to be because I have set it up for 12hour
> clock format.

I remember this was a problem with earlier versions of the theme, but
the latest versions fixed this. If you're usinig the latest version and
are still having the problem, you can adjust the size in
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue-abstract-wide/recordings-ui.xml, around
line 71.

> 2. In the bottom pane, the channel name often has the same treatment
> especially with channel names like "BBC Three", "Channel 4", "Channel4
> +1", "Virgin1 +1", "Dave Ja Vu", "FIVE USA" "Yesterday" "Sky NEWS"
> which is quite long. Similar thing happens in the programme guide -
> but I rarely use that. I guess it is the UK liking for long channel
> names.
>
> The strange thing is that there seems to be enough space for extending
> the field (for issue 2) on both the screens.
> I'm sorry but I have forgotten the name of the person who put this
> theme together - nice job. I trust you accept this feedback in the wa
> it is intended; constructive feedback.
>
> thanks again for all your work.

You should be able to make the field bigger around line 167 of the same
file.

Hope this helps!
-- Kevin