[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu stalling with HDD light solid

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Sun Apr 25 09:40:08 UTC 2010

Doug Lytle wrote:
> The logs show that the drive is fine.

It seems that, after all of that, it was a hardware issue. I have
replaced the hard drive (a WD Green 1TB) with a spare one that I had and
all is working really well. It's a pity that I can't get the hours back,
but I'm really glad to have found and solved the problem.

That drive was itself a warranty replacement because the first one
didn't work past 10GB. It doesn't leave me with a lot of love for WD.
For anyone else out there, there are specific ranges of drives designed
for 24/7 video recording called "AV" for WD and "SV" for Seagate.

It was interesting to me that SMART didn't show anything.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Regards,

Aaron