[mythtv-users] Issue with particular DVB-S2 transponder

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri Apr 23 20:36:47 UTC 2010

Hi *

I need some hinting regarding MythTV and DVB-S as I have issue with some
DVB-S2 transponders.

Firstly I need help is understanding what "LMSC" means on OSD when Myth
tunes to channel.
Is mapping below right ?
L = Lock
M=multiplex
S=service
C=conditional access

My issue is related to 11278 V transponder on HotBird 13E.
For this particular transponder tuning channels takes following:

"Lm__" Partial Lock
many sec later
"LM__" Partial Lock
many sec latter
"LM_c" Partial Lock
sometimes after some sec
"LM_C" Partial Lock

there is never "S".
It this mean that Myth can't get service from multiplex ?

For this transponder Myth scanner properly identifies SIDs for services
(I verified values with LyngSat) albeit for this multiplex scanner find
only SIDs and no any TV channel names.

My system works OK on other DVB-S2 V-polarity channels. It tunes 1-2 sec
and works, so I assume my system correctly serves DVB-S2 and V-polarity.

Is it possible that for this particular transponder my disch (90cm)
gives too low S/N ?

(I positioned it only with sat-finder, so mys dish isn't tuned to
minimal BER - is only tuned to max signal level).

Sys is 0.23-fixes 23094, tuner is TechnoTrend 3200-S2, kernel 2.6.32.11
custom on Arch.

Can somebody hint me how to further narrow root cause of this issue ?

br