[mythtv-users] LiveTV on HVR-4000 not working- 0.22/F12 - FIXED

Michael PARKER michael.parker at st.com
Thu Apr 22 09:54:01 UTC 2010

Nick,

Patch applied successfully so I'm now able to watch live TV. Many thanks. I'd previously
(erroneously) discounted this patch as the reported symptoms didn't exactly match the problem I was
having. Lesson learnt.

I'm trying to get Daniel/Janne/V4L guys interested in either fixing the root cause or else including
the workaround in the libmythtv source.

One problem does, however, remain - changing channel whilst watching live TV repeatably gives an
"Unrecoverable recorder error" and throws you back to the menu. Given that I've pre-tuned/hardwired
my input connection to RF channel 23, a channel change request should only be passing the new (TV)
channel number to the channel change script. The tuner should stay tuned to channel 23 throughout,
shouldn't it?

Any thoughts on the origin of the "Unrecoverable recorder error"?

Cheers,

Mike