[mythtv-users] combined myth/server

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Thu Apr 22 02:53:40 UTC 2010

> Heavy database usage takes a lot of drive action, and if you are
> reading/writing many HD streams at the same time this can cause trouble.

OK in an ideal world I agree (I've designed the h/w layouts for a lot of
big database OLTP systems), but if you can get enough performance out of a
single drive then no need to overengineer it (as I have also been guilty
of... or at least accused of it!).

I'll try multiple recording streams AND a DB job to see how far we can
push 1 drive (rebuild seektable? probably not fair as it is reading video
data as well? any suuggestions?)

Indulis