[mythtv-users] Unable to edit more than one channel at a time after channel scan

jr jraymyth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 01:45:23 UTC 2010

Running 0.22 and 0.23 on two machines side by side. (Ubuntu 9.10; AMD
X4 & Intel Atom 230) Having the same issues on both.

I have gone through the drills I have read about on these pages:

1) Set up tuner
2) Set up Video Source
3) Set up input connection
    a. Choose a source
    b. Scan for channels
        i. Accept the non-conflicting channels
        ii. manually assign arbitrary numbers to the conflicting channels
4) Leave mythtv-setup
5) Run mythfilldatabase

At this point I have some channels that are filled in with the good
values (incl XMLTVID), and some with no XMTVID, so,

6) Start mythbackend
7) Start mythfrontend
8) Go to Watch TV and walk thru the channels
   a) Press E to EDIT
   b) identify the channel with my meat computer
   c) find the corresponding xmltvid in Schedules Direct
   d) enter the info
   e) advance to the next channel

I can advance to the next channel, and the channel continues to play,
but mythfrontend will no longer respond to input.  I have to kill the
process, restart it, and edit the next channel.  Rinse. Repeat.

There has gotta be a better way.
Help?