[mythtv-users] Thoughts on a hardware lineup..

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:00:47 UTC 2010

My FE/BE machine died a while back (struck by lightning, fried
motherboard) and I'm putting together a hardware lineup to replace it.

Any good/bad comments on the hardware below?  This is going in a
regular case right now, but eventually probably into an HTPC case
that'll support full height cards.

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 3 GHz 1333MHz 6 MB LGA775 CPU BX80570E8400

Scythe Shuriken Rev.B SCSK-1100 Low-Profile HTPC Media Center Copper Heatpipe
Quiet CPU Fan Cooler 10.5-31.67dBA 11.8-31.91CFM

ASUS P5N-D LGA775 Nvidia 750i DDR2-800 ATX Motherboard

ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GT240 ZONE 1 GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video
Card ZT-20404-20L (fanless)

Patriot Extreme Performance 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 Dual Channel Memory

SiliconDust HDHomeRun HDHR-US Dual Networked High Definition Digital Tuner

--
Eric Ladner