[mythtv-users] Wierd breakup

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 13:09:50 UTC 2010

In article <VA.0000260c.009e5b6b at foxhill.co.uk>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> It isn't like normal DVB-T breakup from a bad
> signal and audio isn't affected - it looks more like the frontend not
> decoding it properly as huge blocks leap around, but it happens on all
> front ends.

OK this weird breakup looks like it's just breakup, but it looks
different on mythtv to on our PVR.

It's affecting the low power 64QAM muxes and the Emley Moor transmitter
pages says -

"From Monday 14 April 2010 for around 2 months, transmissions from Emley
Moor will be from a reserve antenna which may affect reception for some
viewers. This is in preparation for digital switchover work and signals
are liable to reduced power and short interruptions, for which we
apologise."

(Of course, the 14th of April wasn't a Monday, so maybe they meant 19th,
which would fit.)

My backend is currently on the end of a long cable that's downstream of
our PVR and two splitters. It stayed that way as it worked fine.

It's now about to get promoted to head of the chain!

Ian