[mythtv-users] Frontend crashes with 0.23 and VDPAU with WMV3 files

Jim Chisholm jim at electron.phys.dal.ca
Wed Apr 21 03:02:09 UTC 2010

Is anyone else experiencing consistent frontend crashes with 0.23, an
Nvidia 220 card and the latest
195.36.15 drivers specifically with WMV3 files? This is with Ubuntu
10.04. Other files (avi, mp4 etc) play fine, it's just the WMV3 files
that crash on termination.
0.22 didn't display this behavior.
Regardless of my VDPAU settings (High, Normal, Slim or CPU+) the file
will play OK but on termination
or ESC the frontend crashes back to the desktop.
Could it be a pulseaudio interactions?
On my MacBook frontend on the other hand with  9600M GT the crashing
stops if I use VDPAU Slim but
VDPAU Normal or high crash as does my FE/BE machine with the 220 video.
Thanks all
Jim