[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 20:26:10 UTC 2010

> The flaw in this is that if you have multiple sources for the same channel, when a recording screws up, it is difficult to identify the source
> that screwed up since that is not saved with the recording. This makes it difficult to track down intermittent reception problems. For this reason,
> I have given each channel a unique name. This lets me identify the source of the recording when there is a problem, but also causes duplicate listings
> in the EPG.

In my view that should be a new feature; to state the tuner number
used for each recording in the recording table or in the log. The lack
of this feature is linked to the other and so ideally would be linked
and implemented together - i.e. I hope we dont just end up blocking
progress in the area of watchtv functionality because of the lack of
this other feature.