[mythtv-users] Another Atom/ION based frontend possibility???

Glenn Harris gharris at eklo.com
Tue Apr 20 19:48:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 April 2010 11:05:05 am Bill Bogstad wrote:
>> Currently on sale at NewEgg:
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856119022
>>
>> As I see it, the differences with other recent options are:
>>
>> Includes DVD/CD drive
>> Doesn't have a standard VGA connector (don't know if it supports
>> DVI-analog to VGA adapter or not)
>
> Depends on what type of DVI it actually has, the spec sheet doesn't say.

The specs on the foxconn website say it has DVI-I (both analog, and digital)
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Barebones/NT330i/index.html

>> Some say it has a loud fan
>
> "Loud" means different things to different people, but it will need more cooling
> than the single-core Revo.

There is a thread about it on silentpcreview:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57530

They say the fan is very loud; a db blower fan that runs at 40 dBA.

--Glenn