[mythtv-users] Another Atom/ION based frontend possibility???

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Apr 20 17:56:10 UTC 2010

> Currently on sale at NewEgg:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856119022
>
> As I see it, the differences with other recent options are:
>
> Includes DVD/CD drive

Better yet, its a slot loading DVDRW/CDRW

> Doesn't have a standard VGA connector (don't know if it supports
> DVI-analog to VGA adapter or not)
> Doesn't include hard drive (not sure if there is even room for it
> inside the case)

The first Newegg review says it has an internal 2.5" sata bay.

> No memory included (and only one slot)

Thats a cheap fix.

> Includes 802.11n wireless
> Some say it has a loud fan

I'm sure that it could be replaced with a quiet one.

Additional plus, it includes the hardware to mount it behind your TV.

One downside I see, the DVD/CD drive is actually an external drive and has
it's own wallwart power supply and a usb cable that is far longer than
necessary.  Though it would be nice to have if you did mount the unit behind
the TV and wanted the DVD drive accessable.

I really like it!  I may just have to get one!