[mythtv-users] Quick survey regarding passthrough device settings

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 16:17:30 UTC 2010

> The reason for this, is that it's the only way mythtv in 0.23 and
> earlier can send digital multi-channels audio out.
> 0.24 will fully support various multi-channels audio ; the only
> downside is that you won't always get the AC3 logo lighting up on your
> amp and I know that some people are very found of that icon.
Maybe include some kind of "speaker test" within myth then, maybe on the
audio settings screen?  If someone needs downconversion and/or resampling
and don't realize it then not seeing the AC3 logo is definitely going to
cause confusion.  A button to play a sample 5.1 channel AC3 and/or DTS track
would go a long way towards saying "yep, I'm configured correctly",
regardless of what logos appear.  Just a suggestion.