[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 20 11:49:01 UTC 2010

On 04/20/2010 05:51 AM, mugginz wrote:
> If the work-arounds are stated as one possible method in which to work around
> limitations in the project as currently implemented that's quite OK, but to
> assume anyone wanting to watch LiveTV is a moron is quite insulting.

No one called you (or anyone else in this thread) a moron for watching
Live TV.  Some of us feel that those who do watch Live TV just haven't
really figured out how to truly benefit from using a DVR--such that all
the work is done /for/ you /by/ the computer.  And, yes, I realize your
argument for Live TV is that the computer should do the work for
you--I'm saying that you're doing a lot of work using Live TV that your
computer could be doing for you if you learned how to use the DVR to
full benefit.