[mythtv-users] MythWelcome "Shutdown Now" option not working

Ash Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 20:50:36 UTC 2010

On 19 April 2010 18:05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 04/19/2010 07:14 AM, Ash Bostock wrote:
>
>> I'm running mythbuntu (with latest stable version of myth 0.22) and use
>> mythwelcome with automatic wake up/shutdown.
>> This all works great but if I choose the "Shutdown Now" option from the
>> menu it just sits there for a couple of seconds and then returns to the
>> mythwelcome screen without shutting down.
>>
>> I can't see any thing complaining when I look at the logs so what do I
>> need to look at to get this working?
>>

> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23979
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8160
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8291
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike for the reply, so just to clarify...

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23979 <-- seems to be talking about the
exit prompt from mythfrontend, which I thought was completely different to
"shutdown now" in mythwelcome, or am I wrong?  I'm also not running trunk,
so are you implying the feature is broken on 0.22 and will be fixed in the
0.23 version?

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8160 <--- also deals with the exit prompt
for mythfrontend and a user that's running trunk, neither of which seem to
apply to me, unless I'm missing something?

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8291 <-- Is this new functionality or does
it apply to the 0.22 version I'm running?

I'm a little confused as to what cause of action I need to take, any chance
you could be a little more obvious, as I think I'm missing something :)

Thanks,
Ash