[mythtv-users] Myth 0.22 for Comcast Digital in US - how would you build?

mythtv at derdev.com mythtv at derdev.com
Mon Apr 19 19:17:31 UTC 2010

What technical directions would you take if:

- You were forced to Comcast Digital service (private) with HD
- You wanted to tune for Live TV thru Myth 0.22 AND record
- ideally you had the bulk of the backend and tuners in a "server closet"
somewhere in the house
- your were selecting/building your hardware from scratch
- you have ethernet wiring ready from each FE to the BE/Tuner closet

Asking in ref:
- Tuner devices/cards to work (as best as possible) with whatever Comcast
box and link technology (firewire, composite)
- Does HD change the recommendation
- Does trying to make the Tuners and BE remote from FE change the
recommendation?  (IR and blasting)

I'm asking because I'm really unclear what would be most "turn-key" and
reliable if budget and pre-existing equipment were not considerations.

p.s. "screw Comcast" is a very viable answer, but not quite what I'm
looking for here...  ;-)